For those who are serious about liberation — or “the heart’s sure release” (as the Buddha called it) — the importance of having a solid grounding in Dharma teachings cannot be overemphasized.
The feedback about Satipañña Insight Meditation Toronto’s Dharma Home Study Program has been very positive. Here is a sampling:
- ‘How wonderful to investigate the Dharma. The readings were very well chosen. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to participate.’
- ‘Being able to study the Dharma with a group of like-minded friends was extremely helpful. The light, joyful, open atmosphere was very pleasant.’
- ‘I really feel I got a taste of the Dharma. The study program helped me understand Dharma as never before. The balance of meditation, group discussions, questions and answers, and socializing was ideal.’
Our current semester began in the fall of 2012. Please go to the “Course Structure” page (click on the link in the column at left) for dates and required readings. The next semester begins in the fall of 2013, and registration and readings for that will be available during the summer of 2013.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- daily meditation
- uphold the Five Precepts and try to integrate them into our daily life
- complete the readings and attend the monthly study group meetings
- attend at least two multi-day SRS retreats per year
OTHER SUGGESTED READINGS
Those who have not participated in our past Home Study Programs will find Bhante Gunaratana’s Eight Mindful Steps To Happiness helpful in preparing for this year’s program.
Please fill in the on-line application (SIMT Supporter/Regular) and send a payment of $80 ($65 for SIMT Supporters) to cover the cost of rental facilities for the course. (Please note: The fees cover only a portion of our overall operating expenses. To help us offset these expenses, we ask those who are not SIMT supporters to pay a slightly higher fee for retreats and events.) The course fee does not include the cost of books required. Please mail your payment to:
P.O. Box 68565
360A Bloor St. West
Toronto, On. M5S 1X1